Senior Consultant – Energy efficiency and energy management
Point Advisory is a certified B-Corp™ that has grown over the past eight years to become one of Australia’s leading sustainability services firms. With close-knit teams across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we provide technical and strategic advice across the domains of climate change, energy, environment, economics and human rights. We recognise that our people are our greatest assets and are committed to inclusion, diversity and equity.
We’re looking for a Senior Consultant with 2-5 years of experience in the energy management field to join our team in Melbourne or Sydney. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders on a diverse range of energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability projects across most sectors of the Australian economy.
About the role:
Your bread and butter will be assisting corporate and government clients in identifying, analysing and implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions. You’ll create and use Excel-based models and tools and write clear, concise and actionable reports to help clients reduce their energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Often, your work will be part of the development of broader net zero strategies for clients wishing to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
We are seeking a candidate who can hit the ground running and contribute meaningfully to the delivery of energy related projects from day one, and therefore having at least two years of related work experience in either industry or as a consultant is essential.
Skills and experience:
Applicants should only apply if they can demonstrate the following essential skills and characteristics:
- At least two years of professional industry or consulting experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, clean technology and/or carbon management
- Experience identifying and analysing energy efficiency, renewable energy and/or greenhouse gas reduction opportunities
- Knowledge of relevant standards such as ISO 50001 and AS/NZS 3598:2014
- Strong analytical and modelling skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to manage and deliver energy projects either independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar
- A passion for sustainability
- you are a permanent resident of Australia
- Knowledge of energy and carbon schemes such as NGER, ERF and ESS
- Knowledge of energy storage systems
- Accreditation as a NABERS assessor
- Accreditation as a Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP)
- Data science, coding and/or programming experience.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter outlining how you can fulfill the skills and experience needs and a current CV to email@example.com. **Please note that we will only consider applications that include a cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.**