Junior Consultant – Sustainability
Point Advisory is a certified B Corp that has grown over the past five years to become one of Australia’s leading sustainability services firms. We recognise that our people are our greatest assets and are committed to inclusion, diversity and equity.
With close-knit teams across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we provide technical and strategic advice across the domains of climate change, energy, environment, economics and human rights.
We’re looking for a Junior Consultant with 1-2 years experience in the Sustainability strategy/Strategy and risk field to join our team in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders on a diverse range of sustainability projects across most sectors of the Australian economy.
About the role:
This role will see you working as an analyst across a range of projects and contributing to corporate sustainability analysis, risk assessments, company peer reviews and materiality assessments in line with standards such as GRI and SDGs. Additionally, your contribution to sustainability strategies for our clients will also encompass developing disclosure reports and contributing to the provision of independent sustainability report assurances. You can help make a difference by helping to design, establish and enhance the internal sustainability governance and decision-making structures within businesses that allows for effective oversight of strategies and risks.
Skills and experience:
Applicants should only apply if they can demonstrate all the essential skills following:
- a degree in business, commerce, economics, engineering, science or similar
- previous consulting experience in a similar role (either consulting or in-house)
- experience in working with recognised sustainability and ESG standards and guidelines such as the AccountAbility AA1000 Principles, SDGs, SASB, GRI, Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and related ESG methodologies and frameworks
- problem-solving skills with the creativity to put forward out-of-the-box solutions
- strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively autonomously and within a team-based environment
- strong time management
- good communication skills (verbal and written)
- a positive can-do attitude with the ability to take initiative and get things done
- stakeholder engagement and consultation experience
- experience in sustainability strategy development or analysis
- sustainability report writing, development and coordination experience
- risk identification, assessment and management experience
- sustainability performance metrics development and tracking experience
- you are a permanent resident of Australia
How to apply:
Send a cover letter outlining how you can fulfill the skills and experience needs and a current CV to Careers. Please note that we will only consider applications that include a cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.