Junior Consultant - Climate Change
Point Advisory is a certified B Corp that has grown over the past five years to become one of Australia's leading sustainability services firms. We recognise that our people are our greatest assets and are committed to inclusion, diversity and equity.
With close-knit teams across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we provide technical and strategic advice across the domains of climate change, energy, environment, economics and human rights.
We're looking for a Junior Consultant with 1-2 years experience in the Climate Change and Energy field to join our team in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders on a diverse range of sustainability projects across most sectors of the Australian economy.
About the role:
This role will see you working as an analyst on a range of projects, as well as supporting managers with project coordination activities. You will showcase your skills in developing Excel-based tools for carbon-related purposes including carbon inventories, emission profile projections, net zero emission reduction pathways or project-based emissions in line with best practice standards.
You will contribute to the development of carbon footprints for different organisations – from heavy industry through to local government. Additionally, undertaking environmental audits relating to greenhouse gas emissions of various facilities will include providing recommendations for improvements.
Skills and experience:
Applicants should only apply if they can demonstrate all the essential skills following:
- a degree in engineering, science, environmental management, economics or similar
- previous consulting experience in a similar role (either consulting or in-house)
- experience in data analysis and applied quantitative work
- strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills
- good communication skills (verbal and written)
- strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively autonomously and within a team-based environment
- strong time management
- a positive can-do attitude with the ability to take initiative and get things done
- you are a permanent resident of Australia
- experience in carbon accounting in accordance with recognised standards and guidelines such as NGER, Climate Active, and the GHG Protocol
- coding and computer programming experience, including knowledge of Python, R and/or other programming languages
How to apply:
Send a cover letter outlining how you can fulfill the skills and experience needs and a current CV to Careers. Please note that we will only consider applications that include a cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.