Junior Consultant - Energy
Point Advisory is a certified B Corp that has grown over the past seven years to become one of Australia's leading sustainability services firms. We recognise that our people are our greatest assets and are committed to inclusion, diversity and equity.
With close-knit teams across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we provide technical and strategic advice across the domains of climate change, energy, environment, economics and human rights.
We're looking for a junior consultant with a 1-2 years’ experience in the energy field to join our team in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders on a diverse range of energy projects across most sectors of the Australian economy.
About the role:
Your bread and butter will be assisting as an analyst on a range of projects, predominantly with an energy focus. Undertake environmental audits relating to, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, water and waste of various facilities and providing recommendations for improvements. In addition to this, you will assist in the delivery of renewable energy and storage feasibility studies and help organisations develop intelligent energy strategies and energy management systems.
We are seeking a candidate who can hit the ground running and contribute meaningfully to the delivery of our energy related projects, and therefore having some related work experience in either industry, government or as a consultant is essential.
Skills and experience:
Applicants should only apply if they can demonstrate all of the following essential skills:
- a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, science or similar
- previous professional industry or consulting experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency and / or carbon management
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- experience in data analysis and applied quantitative work, including use of Microsoft Excel
- good communication skills (verbal and written)
- a positive can-do attitude with the ability to take initiative and get things done
- residence and full work rights in Australia
- knowledge of relevant standards such as ISO 50001, AS/NZS 3598:2014, ISO 14064 and the GHG Protocol
- knowledge of NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) and other similar certifications
- knowledge of energy and carbon schemes such as NGER, ERF and ESS
- knowledge of energy storage systems
- data analytics, coding and computer programming experience, including knowledge of Python, R and/or other programming languages
How to apply:
Send a cover letter outlining how you can fulfill the skills and experience needs and a current CV to Careers. **Please note that we will only consider applications that include a cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.**