Consultant - Audit and Assurance
Point Advisory is a certified B Corp that has grown over the past five years to become one of Australia's leading sustainability services firms. We recognise that our people are our greatest assets and are committed to inclusion, diversity and equity.
With close-knit teams across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we provide technical and strategic advice across the domains of climate change, energy, environment, economics and human rights.
We're looking for a Consultant with 1-2 years experience in the audit and assurance field to join our team in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders on a diverse range of sustainability projects across most sectors of the Australian economy.
About the role:
This role will see you working as a consultant across a range of projects and contribute and support the provision of independent audit and assurance in line with recognised sustainability-related audit and assurance standards and verification schemes. You will act as an auditor on a range of projects, as well as supporting managers with project coordination activities including drafting and finalising documentation of audit working papers and files. The development of audit, assurance and verification statements and associated management reports will also round out this role.
Skills and experience:
Applicants should only apply if they can demonstrate all the essential skills following:
- An undergraduate degree in business, commerce, economics, engineering, science or similar
- Previous audit experience in a similar role (either external audit firm or in-house internal/group audit team)
- Experience in developing and executing testing procedures, documenting and maintaining audit/assurance files, writing up audit findings and recommendations
- Strong ability to assess the effectiveness of a range of data management processes and tools (Excel-based through to proprietary software solutions)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively autonomously and within a team-based environment
- Ability to balance multiple audit engagements across a variety of sustainability subject matter
- Good time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive can-do attitude with the ability to take initiative and get things done
- A shared passion and interest in the transition to a safer planet and more equitable world
- You are allowed to work in Australia without restriction
- Sustainability audit and assurance experience in one or more of the following standards or schemes:
- ASAE3000 Assurance Engagements Other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information
- AA1000AS AccountAbility’s Assurance Standard
- Emissions Reduction Fund Audit
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) scheme Audit
- Climate Active Third Party Validation
- Climate, Green and Social Bond Verification or Second Party Opinions
- Sustainability report writing, development and coordination experience
- A post-graduate degree in sustainability, or a related field
- Risk identification, assessment and management experience
How to apply:
Send a cover letter outlining how you can fulfill the skills and experience needs and a current CV to Careers. Please note that we will only consider applications that include a cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.