Point Advisory to attend BIM-MEP Aus Construction Innovation Forum 2015
Hosted by the Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors’ Association (AMCA), the 2015 forum brings together thought leaders and practitioners from across the world to provide insight into how leading firms are utilising technological advancements to deliver innovative best practice solutions in the building and construction industry.
We are particularly excited by our international keynote speakers who will provide a global context for how innovative technologies and practices are helping industry to achieve significant improvements in efficiency and productivity.
- Mr Safiy Abdur-Rahman, Director of Virtual Design and Construction, Department of Design and Construction, New York City, USA
- Mr William Bausmith, Associate Director, Construction Management Office of Design and Construction, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
- Ms Amanda Comunale, Director of Construction Piping Services, Victaulic, Pennsylvania, USA
- Mr David Pikey, Director – Technology Integration, The Hill Group, Hill Mechanical Corporation, Chicago, USA
- Mr Oliver Ridgwell, Sales and Marketing Manager, Manhattan Atrium (a Trimble company), Bristol, UK
- Mr. Andy Robins, Fabrication Development Manager, Autodesk, UK
Complementing these presentations will include Australian practitioners providing attendees with case study demonstrations and ideas about how forward thinking firms can integrate building information modelling into their everyday practices with demonstrable improvements in cost, timeliness, risk management, productivity and on-site coordination.
The 2015 forum will also feature an 80 minute streamed workshop on each day, allowing delegates to choose between practical content that best suits their own job role, experience and educational needs. The workshop streams available to delegate are:
Modelling, Drafting & BIM-MEPAUS
The stream will primarily focus on the integration of the BIM-MEPAUS initiative into the workflow, including use of the template, information on the latest specification, use of shared parameters and manufacturers content.
- BIM-MEPAUS modelling – A2K Technologies
- Fabrication workflows – Autodesk
Project Management & Field-BIM
This stream will focus on the technologies available to communicate information more efficiently and effectively to-and-from site.
- Field Technologies – Trimble
- Project Management methodologies – ViewPoint Construction
Networking and Exhibition
The forum exhibition hall will once again showcase a tailored selection of industry leading exhibitors, and will provide excellent networking, including opportunities to speak with exhibitors, presenters and workshop facilitators.
At the conclusion of both days we invite all delegates to join us for networking drinks to be held in the exhibition foyer.
The 2015 Forum promises to be an exciting and enjoyable event that offers not only an insight into BIM development and practices, but also networking and professional development opportunities.
For further information about the event please visit the BIM-MEP Aus website
Point Advisory is a proud member of the AMCA.